Welcome to our Patient Portal page!
We are beginning the process of using an electronic medical record in our practice as required by federal law. As part of that process, we have established a "Patient Portal" in which patients can enter certain information that will help us, including your medical history. Prior to your next office visit, we ask that you please access our patient portal by clicking on this link to complete our office forms relating to your medical history. If we have not previously provided you with your Username and Password, please contact our office through our "Contact Us" page on this website or by calling the office at 518-690-0177.
When in our Patient Portal, you will not be able to edit the information under the tabs labeled Contact Information, Insurance, or Problem List. We would appreciate it if you do your best to complete the information under the other 6 tabs.
Eventually, we expect that you will be able to use our Patient Portal to obtain your medical records and test results. However, we are not at that point yet. We hope that our electronic medical record will allow for patients to obtain such information by sometime in 2013.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
To Provide Us Information Through Our Patient Portal, Please Click The Link Below:
Reduce the signs of aging by following these tips from dermatologists.
- Wear sunscreen every day since the sun’s rays can accelerate signs of aging. Use a sunscreen or facial moisturizer that offers broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of at least 30. Be sure to apply sunscreen to all skin that is not covered by clothing.
- Do not tan. Getting a tan from the sun or a tanning bed exposes you to harmful UV rays that can accelerate aging, causing wrinkles, age spots, a blotchy complexion and even skin cancer.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing traps water in the skin, which can help reduce the appearance of some fine lines and make your complexion look brighter and younger.
- Test products, even those labeled “hypoallergenic.” To test, dab a small amount of the product on your inner forearm twice a day for 4 to 5 days. If you do not have a reaction, it is likely safe for you to apply to your face.
- Use the product as directed. Active ingredients can do more harm than good when too much is used. Applying more than directed can cause clogged pores, a blotchy complexion, or other unwanted effects.
- Stop using products that sting or burn unless prescribed by a dermatologist. Irritating the skin makes signs of aging more noticeable.
- Limit the number of products. Using too many products on your skin, especially more than one anti-aging product, tends to irritate the skin. This often makes signs of aging more noticeable.
- Shop smart. People often think that the more expensive a product is, the more effective it will be. This is not always the case. There are some very effective, affordable products in the skin care aisles of your local stores.
- Give the product time to work. While a moisturizer can immediately plump up fine lines, most products take at least 6 weeks to work. Sometimes it can take 3 months.
If after following these tips you still do not see the results you expected, you may want to consult a dermatologist.